Measures and Tools to Support Entrepreneurs and Investors
State and Municipal Entrepreneurship Support Organizations
- Business Finland Finnish government organization for innovation funding and trade, travel and investment promotion.
- Centres for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment (ELY-Centre)
- Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH)
- Finnish Tax Administration
- Finnish Customs (Tulli)
- Valvira - National Supervisory Authority for Welfare and Health
- Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. Covers the regions of Kanta-Häme, Päijät-Häme, Uusimaa, Kymenlaakso and South Karelia.
- Suomi.fi. List of organizations providing services
- The city of Helsinki.
- Finnish Enterprise Agencies. A nationwide network of 30 Enterprise Agencies in Finland with a total of 83 service locations, 150 qualified business advisors and 1500 experts
- Helsinki Business Hub - An international trade and investment promotion agency, which helps foreign companies to set up their business, grow and develop in Greater Helsinki.
- International House Helsinki. Provides a wide range of information and public authority services to meet the needs of international newcomers in the Helsinki metropolitan area.
- Helsinki Centre (in St. Petersburg)
- NewCo Helsinki - a City of Helsinki service that aims to help new businesses and startups succeed
- EnterpriseEspoo enterprise agency
- EnterpriseVantaa enterprise agency
- Posintra. Local development company in Eastern Uusimaa (Loviisa, Porvoo etc).
- Keuke. Local development company in Central Uusimaa (Järvenpää, Karkkila, Kerava, Nurmijärvi, Pornainen, Sipoo and Tuusula).
- Novago. Local development company in Hanko, Ingå, Lohja, Raseborg and Siuntio regions.
- Trade representative of Russian Federation in Helsinki
Grants and subsidies
- Start-up grant for new entrepreneurs by the TE Office
A startup grant application is submitted before starting a business. A grant cannot be awarded if an ongoing commercial activity has already started prior to the decision on the grant.
- Business development aid (ELY Centre)
Business development aid is granted on a discretionary basis and intended as a financial instrument when the company launches a development project that is different from its normal operations. Business development aid can be granted to fund the company's development efforts, such as internationalisation, product and service development and investments.
- Business Finland's funding services (Business Finland)
Business Finland offers funding for research, product development, and many kinds of business development needs, especially for small and medium-sized companies. Large companies and research organizations can receive funding for joint projects with smaller companies.
- Pay subsidy to support job seeking (TE Office)
Loans and guarantees
- Finnvera - https://www.finnvera.fi/eng
Finnvera is a specialised financing company owned by the State of Finland and it is the official Export Credit Agency (ECA) of Finland. Finnvera provides financing for the start, growth and internationalisation of Finnish enterprises and for protection against export risks.